The 1st meeting on January 11th was a productive start!
Parks & Rec Director Jen Camp got the ball rolling by laying out the ground rules for meetings.
City Administrator Katy Allen helped inform the new commissioners about expectations from the City Council and Mayor.
- Positions 1&2, representing Orchard Park are Bridgette Harris and Tom Sahlberg.
- Positions 3&4, representing Pavillion Park are David Himebaugh and Jeanette Nall.
- Postions 5&6, representing Rocky Hill are Laura Franks and Tom Chamberlain.
- Position 7 is at large and is Laina Schultz
- Adjunct Positions are Robert Schneidmiller and Sam Nelson.
- The student representative position will be filled by a yet to be named CVHS student, who resides in Liberty Lake.
City Council Member, Dan Dunne, made a presentation about the new Liberty Lake flag and challenged the commission to help find places in the community that the flag can be displayed.
Commissioners introduced themselves and gave a brief history of their time in Liberty Lake and interest in promoting Parks & Arts.
Jen & Katy challenged the commission to help define and support “Arts” needs and opportunities in Liberty Lake. School programs should be a fruitful starting point and resource for ideas.
On slate for the next meeting (Wed. Jan 24th at 4 pm) is the selection of Chair and Vice-Chair, approval of a Mission Statement and Bylaws and bringing names of those interested in the student position.