The Liberty Lake Planning Commission met on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 in the City Hall Council Chambers and passed a motion to approve the following proposed amendment:
- Allow “Food Trucks” on private property as an accessory use in the “I” zone by temporary use permit when associated with an existing business.
- Require site plan to address location on private property, traffic circulation, refuse disposal, fire extinguisher, seating (if applicable);
- Require City of Liberty Lake Business License and Health Department Food Vendor Permit.
- Limit the hours of operation for food truck to the hours of operation of the principal use on the subject property.
- Incorporate “Director’s interpretation” from Policy Bulletin No. 21 into code related to “temporary use permits”:
- Waive permit requirement for individual vendor booths within a larger non-profit special event permit provided the vendor has been included in the site plan for the event.
A secondary motion was made and passed to recommend the City Council review implementation of allowing Food Trucks as an accessory to a business or event at 1 year and to consider expanding Food Truck use for a non-accessory business.
The above amendment will now go in front of the Liberty Lake City Council which will meet on Tuesday, May 07, 2019 at 7 pm.