Located only 20 minutes from downtown Spokane, the population of Liberty Lake is growing by leaps and bounds. In the past five years, the number of students enrolled in the CVSD grades K-12 has grown from 13,000 to 14,000 and is expected to continually rise.
As the number of students climb, the district continues to add programs and resources for students and parents alike: From enrichment classes and athletics to free summer meals for kids ages 1-18.
Below is a list of some of the programs offered to school aged students enrolled in the district. However, families are encouraged to contact their child’s school for more details and to obtain a full list of activities.
- Spokane Valley Tech – Exploring high-growth careers: Students enrolled in grades 8-11 are encouraged to attend at no cost. Successful completion of each session earns a .5 elective/CTE credit. Two sessions are offered: June 17–July 2 and July 8–23, both from 7:30am –2:30pm. Students may attend up to one class per session.
- Active4Youth – offers Cross Country. They believe that by teaching sports and introducing healthy activities to children at a young age, they can begin to address the alarming rise of childhood obesity while providing children with a safe place to play after school. http://active4youth.org/index.html
- Free Summer Meals for Kids (Ages 1-18): “We provide a complete breakfast and lunch program for all students – serving approximately 1700 breakfasts and 6000 lunches every day in our district. We are proud to provide meals that focus on whole grains and a variety of fruits and vegetables. Our meals are low in sodium and saturated fat, and meet or exceed nutritional requirements established by the USDA National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. We are dedicated to providing high-quality, kid-friendly meals with a focus on food safety, customer service, and cost effectiveness,” from the Nutrition Services tab on the CVSD.org website.
The Liberty Lake Municipal Library offers activities for all ages of students:
- Lego Club – All Ages
- Move & Grove – Ages 0-5, Move, Shake, Sing and Dance during music and dance “storytime”
- Chess Club – Ages 6-10 and 11 & up. This is a 6 week summer Chess Club
- Toddler Tales – Ages 0-5, this is geared more towards 2-3 year olds, however all children are welcome. Playtime follows storytime.
- Teen Program – Cupcake Wars for Ages 11 & up
- Tween Crafts – Ages 11 & up
Contact the Library for more information and a complete list of activities 509-232-2510
Skyhawks Summer Day Camps – Offer a fun, safe and positive environment for your child during the summer months. Campers are introduced to a new sport every week, participate in arts, crafts, swimming and field trips.
Skyhawks Sports Academy – offers 12 different sports camps and clinics including summer day camps and year-round after-school programs.
Super Tots Sports Academy – sports programs for kids ages 18 months to 5 ½ years of age!
For more information on Skyhawks camps, go to www.skyhawks.com